Information Technology (IT)/Electronic Patient Records
Practice Statement of Intent
New contractual arrangements came into force on 1st April 2014 requiring GP practices to make available a statement of intent about the following IT developments:
1. Referral management Information
2. Online Appointment Booking
3. Online Booking of repeat prescriptions
4. Summary Care Record
5. GP2GP transfers of care records
6. Patient Access to electronic records.
Plan to Meet GMS 2015-16 Contractual Requirement for Patient Online Service
This practice plans to offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print detailed coded information held in their own records by 31st March 2016.
These dates are subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the practice.
This practice already currently offers the facility for patients:
- to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
- to view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient
Please note that there are circumstances where a GP may believe it is not in the best interests of the patient to share their detailed medical record with them, for example where it could cause harm to their physical or mental health.